Thursday, April 4, 2013

made strong


how often do we tell ourselves, our kids or our friends, just be tough, be strong. 
we encourage them with words and though well meaning 
i believe we are leaving something out. 
something so powerful that can not afford to not be uttered from our lips.
yes we do want those around us to be strong when the waters rise.
lord knows i have been there more times than i can count.
too weary to take another step, life reduced to a breath,
 and being strong, well it was at times such a heavy load to bear.
 it was the hardest thing i had ever done until i realized
on my own i was weak.
on my own i was powerless.
on my own i am just a piece of flesh going through the motions.
but in Him.
in Him i am strong.
in Him i am powerful.
in Him i have life.

we are not meant to go through this life alone.
i believe that is why it is so hard.
we are designed to need Him.
we are designed to crave and desire something more. 
when we figure this out, we are free!
we are free to live because He carries those burdens for us.
this is also why community is so important.
a community of believers.
other women that can help you lighten that load by praying for you, 
encouraging you daily to spend time in His words and speaking words of life giving affirmation from His word when you just can't take one more step.

this week i am really spending some time meditating on this verse
from 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
" But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

He has called me to press into this and really examine what this looks like.
in doing this He is showing me and guiding some of my next steps.
as you know i am preparing for the Pearl Event III.
i am preparing to share with His daughters His message.
you see, i am mess. 
but in Him and through Him great and mighty miracles have occured. 
to not share how my weakness was made whole in His goodness 
well i just couldn't live with that.

i just can't help but want to share!
He is so good and so faithful 
despite me being the person i am.

alone, i am nothing. but in Him, i have life.

sweet, sweet friends, i urge you tonight, if you are feeling less than,
if you are feeling inadequate, like you have nothing but weakness in your bones...
run, run to the well spring of life.
run to source of all strength and all life.
He will meet you there.
He promises that.

there is nothing, nothing that can separate you, His daughter, His beloved, from Him.
He is just watching, waiting patiently for you to ask.
seek His face and His strength will supply all your need.

He has done it for me. He will do it for you.
friends, "His power is made perfect in weakness"







No comments:

Post a Comment