Monday, April 22, 2013

not home yet ~ when life hurts

source unknown, if you know do share so i can give proper credit and link to this adorable piece of art
 What a heartbreaking week our world has just been through! The Boston tragedy, the earthquake in China and then even closer to home the drowning of a little boy in the gulf near our home. There is just so much heartache... but you know what I see when I look at all of that? People with hearts even bigger than the pain. Hearts that want to pray for, love on, and be the hands and feet of Jesus to the hurting. 

In a world where we often question "why?" because it just doesn't make sense I know there is something so much greater than all of this hurt. He is here. We live in a fallen and broken world "but God", in Him there is light, and life and HOPE! 

One day we will be on the other side of all of this, with Him, where there is no more pain, no more hurt and no more heartache. This morning on the way to work I heard a song by Building 429 and it was such a perfect reminder as we start this week, as so many start the healing process.
 I wanted to share the lyrics with you. 
Take a minute and read them... even if you've heard the song a 100 times 
there is so much in these words....

sometimes it feels like i'm watching from the outside
sometimes it feels like i'm breathing but am i alive?
i won't keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

all i know is i'm not home yet
this is not where i belong
take this world and give me Jesus
this is not where i belong

so when the walls come falling down on me
and i'm lost in the current of the raging sea
i have this blessed assurance holding me

all i know is i'm not home yet
this is not where i belong
take this world and give me Jesus
this is not where i belong

when the earth shakes i want to be found in you
when the light fades i want to be found in you

all i know is i'm not home yet, this is not where i belong
take this world and give me Jesus

We aren't home yet.... but you know what? We have faith, we have each other for encouragement 
and we know His love is bigger than all of it. 
His promises are the blessed assurance that we aren't in this alone.

One day sweet friends, we'll be with Him. 
As we walk with friends through the coming weeks
as our world heals, we all know more trials will come
let's be a light in this world for Him.
Let's be the hands and feet of Jesus to the hurting
won't you join me?

If you're the one with the heartache so huge you can't see beyond today....
let me encourage to run to Him. 
Place it all at His feet. 
He is bigger than the mess you are in.
He sees the other side.
Rest in Him. His timing. His guidance.
He will not leave you... 

how do I know?
well I have had my share of heartache in this lifetime
and the one constant a midst all the pain, Him. 
He never left me. He never failed me.
He has healed the pieces of my heart.
He will do the same for you. 

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

did you read that promise? 
forever.
He is the same forever.

Our world changes, our problems change, feelings change, relationships change, 
life, well it changes. 
But God ~ He is the same forever.

I love this promise. 
I need this promise.
What about you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment